A planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present in order to be allocated at a future date. For those donors who establish a planned gift as a part of their estate plan and inform us of their intentions will become members of our legacy societies. Also, for any bequests that are received, those donors will receive posthumous membership. At Mercy Medical Center this group of donors are members of the Seeds of Hope Society and at Johnson Memorial Hospital they are part of the 1912 Society.
There are a variety of ways that you can support our hospitals through estate planning, including:
- Making a bequest naming the hospital as a beneficiary in your will or trust
- Naming the hospital as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy
- Through your minimum required IRA distributions
- Naming the hospital as a residual beneficiary of your estate
- Through the establishment of a charitable gift annuity
- Donating shares of your publicly held stocks or securities
- Additional flexible planned giving strategies
We are available to discuss which planned giving option is best for you. For more information, please contact Geoffrey B. Hoyt, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to include either Mercy Medical center or Johnson Memorial Hospital in your estate plans, please use our legal name, address and federal tax ID listed below. We encourage you to consult with your financial and/or legal advisors when making decisions regarding your estate plans.
Legal name: Mercy Medical Center
Address: 271 Carew street, Springfield, MA 01104
Federal Tax ID Number: 04-3398280
Legal name: Johnson Memorial Hospital
Address: 201 Chestnut Hill Road, Stafford Springs, CT 06076
Federal Tax ID Number: 47-5676956
If you have named one of our hospitals in your will, please complete the Intentions of the Heart form below and email it to email@example.com.
Your thoughtful planning today will ensure that our hospitals will continue their tradition of compassionate care well into the future.